Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Chicken in white wine - grape sauce

I was unfortunately forced to make a longer break from writing again, as my husband and I suffered from food poisoning end of last week. We had sushi from our supermarket, as usual,  but that time we seemed to have bad luck. I must admit, it tasted different and was more sticky than usual. And I remember I was gulping the last pieces and was wondering why, since sushi is one of my favourite meals. Luckily our daughter decided not to eat with us, what she normally does, so we just had to cope with our own sickness and the daily madness of having two little children. I guess we won't have sushi for a while now.

So after a few days of dieting it was time to cook again and what better meat to start with than chicken.
With that said, I'm always waiting for the grape season, so I can cook one of my favourite chicken dishes. It's again an easy and quick dish, with lovely flavours. I don't remember where exactly I found the recipe, but I know, that I cooked this dish over and over. When I look back, my daughter was even enjoying that dish with one and a half already.

I hope you'll like it as much as we do.

Chicken in white wine - grape sauce




Ingredients

3 chicken breasts
250 g seedless white grapes
2-3 shallots
250 ml chicken broth
200 ml white wine (dry or semi sweet)
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
clarified butter
fresh or dry thyme
1 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
salt
pepper

Cut the chicken breast in bite-size cubes, put them in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add some oil and mix all together. Set aside.


Wash the grapes and cut in halves. Chop the shallots finely, wash the thyme and pluck the leaves.
Heat the pan properly and sauté the chicken till it gets some colour. Remove the chicken from the pan and put it back into the bowl. Set aside.
Pour some clarified butter into the pan, add shallots, thyme and half of the grapes and stir-fry. Deglaze with white wine and let simmer till reduced to half. Reduce the heat, add chicken stock and cook for another 5 minutes. Add then mustard and rest of the grapes, season with salt and pepper to taste. Finally put the chicken back in and simmer till warm.
We always eat it with rice, but I guess you can also serve it with pasta.

Enjoy!

0 comments: