Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tuna wrap

Tuna wrap


One of our all-time-favourites are wraps. They are not only done quickly, but are mostly light and always delicious. We eat them filled with either chicken and salad, or with mince, corn and beans for the richer version. Or as this time, with tuna.  I didn't have the ingredients for my usual tuna wrap (I will post about the next occasion), so I thought I will take a filling, that was initially a salad, inspired by that recipe (in German language). 

At this point I must confess, that I didn't do the wraps myself but used store bought wraps. I tried to do them once and it went horribly wrong. But it doesn't mean, I won't try it again, one day. For now the store bought must do it - and they are delicious too.


Ingredients for 6 wraps

200 g cabbage

1- 2 tomatoes
150 g english cucumber
1/2 green pepper bell
1 small onion
120 g tinned tuna in oil, drained
6 wraps

For the dressing

200 ml sour cream
100 ml greek yogurt
35 ml ketchup
1/2 tbsp brandy
2-3 tsp red wine vinegar
salt
pepper

Chop the cabbage finely, salt it and mix the cabbage with the salt, squeezing firmly. That way the cabbage softens quicker by absorbing the salt easier. Put aside and cut the tomatoes, pepper bell and cucumber in small cubes. Then dice the onion and combine all the veggies with the cabbage.


Mix all the ingredients for the dressing, season to taste, add the drained tuna and combine with the salad. I work the dressing in using my hands, not only because I like to feel the food, but also because I have the feeling it combines better and quicker. 


Heat your pan (without oil) and bake your wraps. Put the salad on, while the wraps are warm and soft and easy to work with.


Enjoy!


0 comments: